An otorhinolaryngologist, an employee of the Otorhinolaryngology Clinic of the Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry of the Medical University of Warsaw, the head of the rhinology team.
She completed the residency program at the Laryngology and Laryngological Oncology Department of the Medical University in Poznan and the Otorhinolaryngology Department of the University Hospital Zurich. In 2017, she obtained the title of Associate Professor for the series of publications “New concepts in the pathomechanism and diagnosis of chronic rhinosinusitis.”
She deals with endoscopic sinus surgery and external nose surgery (rhinoplasty)
She conducts scientific research on the immunological and genetic background of paranasal sinus diseases and functional anatomy of the external nose, which is confirmed by numerous scientific publications.
She is a member of the European Rhinologic Society and the American Rhinologic Society
She has completed numerous courses and received scholarships for surgical internships abroad (the Netherlands, Germany, Denmark, Austria, the USA) in the field of endoscopic sinus surgery and external nasal surgery (rhinosurgery)
She cooperates scientifically with Department of Molecular and Translational Oncology Maria Sklodowska-Curie-Institute Oncology Centre, Warsaw, Poland; University Medical Centre Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands; American Medical Holdings Inc., Staten Island, New York the USA; School of Pharmacy and Health Professions, Creighton University, Omaha, Nebraska the USA.
The full CV
Medical studies, the doctor’s title: the Medical University of Bialystok, the Faculty of Medicine. Specialty in otorhinolaryngology completed in the:
- Laryngology and Laryngological Oncology Clinic of the Poznań University of Medical Sciences
- The Otorhinolaryngology Department of the Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry at the Medical University of Warsaw
- The Laryngology and Facial Surgery Department of the University Hospital Zürich, Switzerland
- Diplomas, scientific degrees
The Honorary Diploma of the Rector of Mediacl University of Bialystok for the best studying results, M.D., PhD., the Faculty of Medicine with the Department of Dentistry and the Department of Teaching in English, on the basis of the dissertation entitled “Lysosomal Exoglycosidases of Palatine Tonsils.” The Certificate of the Polish Ultrasound Society for performing ultrasound examinations in the scope of ultrasound of neck organs. Associate Professor title for the series of scientific publications entitled “New Concepts in the Pathomechanism and Diagnosis of Chronic Rhinosinusitis.”
A specialty examination in otorhinolaryngology
- Until 2012 – the Laryngology and Laryngological Oncology Department in Poznań
- Since 2012 to present – the Department of Otorhinolaryngology at the Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry of the Medical University of Warsaw as a senior assistant, as the head of the rhinology team
- 06-07.2002 – Department of Otolaryngology, University Hospital in Mannheim, Germany
- 07-09.2002, 08-09.2003 – Department of ENT and Head and Neck Surgery, Department of Pathology, Department of Anatomy, University Medical Centre in Utrecht, Netherlands
- 07.2005 – Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery Heinrich-Heine-University of Düsseldorf, Germany
- 08-11.2008 – Department of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, University Hospital in Zürich, Switzerland
- 10.2009 – Department of Otolaryngology, University Hospital of Cottbus, Germany
- 02.2013 – ENT Department, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
- 11.2013 – Department of Otolaryngology, Hirslanden, Zürich, Switzerland
- 07.2015 – Department of Otolaryngology, Graz, Austria: Fellowship of the European Rhinology Society for the 51st Graz Course on Rhinosurgery received for scientific achievements in the field of rhinology
- 06.2016 Junior member grant of the European Rhinology Society – 2016 for the scientific paper entitled “Role of vitamin D and its receptors in pathophysiology of chronic rhinosinusitis.”
- 10.2016 and 02.2017 research on functional anatomy of the nasal bones, Department of Anatomy, University Medical Center Utrecht, Utrecht University, Utrecht, The Netherlands
- 05.03.18-30.03.18 Advanced Rhinoplasty Fellowship, Department of Otorhinolaryngology of UMC Utrecht, Bergman Clinics in Bilthoven and Rijswijk, and OLVG in Amsterdam, AESTHETIC CENTRE JAN VAN GOYEN, The Netherlands.
- 02.2018 grant provided by the Foundation Rhinology to young rhinologists for the 27th congress of the European Rhinologic Society, London 22-26 April 2018.
- 2009, 2010 – Head and Neck ultrasound course, ENT Department at the University Hospital Carl Gustav Carus in Dresden, Germany
- 2012, 2013, 2014 – Ultrasound of thyroid, parathyroid glands and neck lymph nodes including elastography. Doppler diagnosis of neck vessels, Roztoczanska School of Ultrasonography, Poland
- 02.2013 – 5th International Course in the Endoscopic Sinus Surgery, Kajetany, Warsaw, Poland
- 02.2015 – Ear Surgery Course at the Department of Otolaryngology, Würzburg, Germany
- 12-14. 10.2016 – 27th International Course in Advanced Rhinoplasty Techniques, Utrecht, The Netherlands
- 9-10.11.17 12th Copenhagen Advanced FESS and Anterior Skull Base Surgery Course
- 17-19. 10.2018 – 29th International Course in Advanced Rhinoplasty Techniques, Utrecht, The Netherlands
- 16-18.10.19 – 30th International Course in Advanced Rhinoplasty Techniques, Utrecht, The Netherlands
- Courses self-organized and instructed
- Endoscopic Sinus Surgery Course, Warsaw Lab September 2018
- Endoscopic Sinus Surgery Course, Poznan Lab, January 2019
- Functional Rhinoplasty Course, Warsaw Lab, September 2019
- Endoscopic Sinus Surgery Course, Warsaw Lab, September 2019
- English – advanced: Certificate in Advanced English, IELTS 2019 (C1)
- German – advanced: Zentrale Mittelstufenprüfung
- Dutch – communicative
Diplomas, scientific degrees
- 2005 – Honorary Diploma of the Medical Academy of Bialystok, Poland
- 2008 – PhD thesis defense at the Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry, Division of Teaching in English, Medical University of Bialystok, PhD thesis: “Lysosomal exoglycosidases in palatine tonsils”
- 2012 – Certificate of Polish Ultrasound Society for head and neck ultrasound
- 19.04.2017 – Assistant Professor at the II Faculty of Medicine, Medical University of Warsaw, Poland for the series of publications constituting particular scientific achievements gathered under the collective title ”New concepts in the pathogenesis and diagnostics of chronic rhinosinusitis”.
- 2018 – Scientific Award of the Rector of the Medical University of Warsaw
Facial plastic surgery. Rhinoplasty. Endoscopic sinus surgery. Anterior scull base surgery. Functional anatomy of the external nose. Sinonasal immunology and genetics.